Principal Backend Engineer (Core Systems)
About Structure Financial:
Founded by MIT & Jump Trading alumni, and backed by Polychain Capital, Structure Financial empowers anyone in the world to access quality financial markets with ease.
The Structure app replaces an antiquated financial system crippled by waste and opaque by design; repackaging financial products designed for exclusivity and non-participation into assets fit for the public domain & organizational structures built for a global democratic society.
We are a global, remote-first team of engineers, designers, traders, and innovators of all kinds working together to build solutions for globally systemic financial systems. We value innovative ideas and encourage the audacity required to bring those ideas to life.
At Structure, you'll have an opportunity to expand industry-leading exchange technology that will dramatically improve financial markets for decades to come. By joining us at this early stage, you will also have a significant influence on the design direction and vision of Structure. We strongly prefer motivated individuals who share a passion for financial markets and building world-changing technology.
We are a 100% remote, global company with 40+ employees in 13+ countries and growing.
What We Offer:
- Cash: Competitive Salary + Merit Increase & Spot Bonus Opportunities
- Equity: Generous Stock Option Packages
- Tokens: Genesis Block Token Allocations
- Time Off: Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Benefits: Health, Life, & Wellbeing Support
- Flexibility: Work from Anywhere, Agile Environment, and more!
- Drive high-level, scalable innovation across Structure's backend infrastructure
- Design, develop, and implement key features that drive user engagement
- Drive an innovative vision for the backend infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, APIs, and services
- Lead system design/development discussions, standup sessions, code reviews, and coaching meetings.
- You'll own best practices for backend infrastructure with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Debug issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with a 40+ person global team of 20+ engineers, PMs, designers, and other colleagues.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of server-side/backend development experience
- 5+ years of advanced programming experience (Java, C++, Python, Rust, Go)
- Strong experience with CQRS and event sourcing architectures
- Strong experience with RESTful API design and messaging/stream-processing
- Experience with unit & functional testing, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work within a tight, cross-functional team of engineers
- An optimistic and collaborative attitude
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about crypto, blockchain, and/or DeFi innovation
Preferred Experience (Not Required):
- Recent experience in the FinTech, blockchain, or digital assets industry
- A proponent of open-source software licenses
- Experience working with a globally distributed, remote-first team
April 29, 2022